HomeViral CentralCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Everything is going well. If anybody has anything they'd like put up in the announcements, let Master-Raiden know.

Share | 

Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Oleg123

PostSubject: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:53 pm

I propose that we invite Deroman, the member of L.E.D. clan, to AOW game on the Rocky Hollow map.
Here
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,3030,0,60
he expressed his wish to play it as Undead (the strongest player on the map)
against three other players united. It could be us, the members of Shaikan clan.

Last edited by Oleg123 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoneskin

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:42 pm

That would be cool. Actually, it's 4v1, not 3v1. I'm gonna play Humans (player 1) and modify the map to allow the Undead to be a human player. I'll send Deroman an email.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aow.heavengames.com/downloads/showprofile.php?author=Ston
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Sounds like fun, I'd play Frostlings.

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:36 pm

Oleg123, what race do you want to play? Orcs or Dark Elves?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aow.heavengames.com/downloads/showprofile.php?author=Ston
Oleg123

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Dark Elves. I am in trauma of Love Thy Neighbor game developments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoneskin

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 pm

Yeah. Our Love Thy Neighbor game is really horribly...

Anyway, here it begins !

--------------------------------------------
Rocky Hollow 3v1

Humans - Stoneskin (skin.of.stone(at)gmail(dot)com)
Orcs - Squire AI (he is of no consequence :p)
Frostlings - Master-Raiden (master-raiden(at)hotmail(dot)com)
Dark Elves - Oleg123 (oleg1996(at)yahoo(dot)com)
Undead - Deroman (ragederoman(at)luukku(dot)com)

Leaders ON
Allied victory ON
Exploration ON
All house rules apply

--------------------------------------------
Oslon, day 1

The Undead... I will destroy them. Their power is too great in my lands. I cannot allow this ! But, I will need the cooperation of the other lords... I need to contact them fast.

Meanwhile, I got a town rid of what undead defenders it had. I ordered artisans to rebuild the place and priests to cleanse the taint the previous "occupants" left there. I also ordered to send miners to a newly discovered metal deposit. Things are going well for now.

ts

Last edited by Stoneskin on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oleg123

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:52 pm

I am glad to see turn log here, such content here is most appropriate...
... On the other hand, I would like to read Deroman's logs too, and I don't think he will post them here.
Maybe we take it ot AOWHeaven forums? It will also be nice to spread the word about the Clan gaining acceleration...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Yes I believe you're right, This is a most appropriate place to plan games and put up turn logs if we so choose, though I don't want the entire LED clan to be here. I'm going to add Deroman to the AoW group so he can post here, and I'll also add him to his own LED group so we know he's not ours.

Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Frostlings - The First Day

Waldoz, leader of the Frostlings

This foolish Necromancer is threatening my land and my peoples. We have lived peacefully here now for years and will not have them wiped off the face of this land, only to be brought back to live as an undead monstrosity. We leave Lidjic with orders to set up a wooden palisade, and head West. I must protect my people, but I cannot do it alone. I have asked a friend of mine to help, his name is Eclo Frostbite. He is young, but I know his help will be essential to the survival of the Frostling people.

Eclo Frostbite, first hero of the Frostlings

I have agreed to help Waldoz find help to defend our people... in return he has agreed to teach me spellcasting - for I do not know how, but it has always intrigued me. I get the feeling Waldoz does not believe I can defend myself, for he sent a Yeti along with me, but I trust him... and to be fair, he does know how to cast spells and I do not. I left Lidjic along with the men I had been given and headed East, until we were able to see the old castle ruins as instructed, and we are now headed South to see what we can find. I am told to look for assistance from other races, and to find more dwellings of Frostling inhabitants, but if we believe we have the available strength, then we are to capture any location that would be of use to us.

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:31 pm

Dark Elves, day 1

Never in my life I have imagined a danger so dire raising next to our land. A foul human necromancer of great power spreading his taint... To bring him down, we will have to unite with all our neighbors and leave all the bad blood behind... We must destroy him. Trow his forces buck, keep hitting them until even the dead fear our might, until we have this necromancer cornered in his most rotten catacomb - and then send him to the death he tried to cheat. But not before our torture masters make him share last bit of his knowledge with us...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deroman
LED General (Envoy)

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:53 pm

King Crimstone of Undead, Day 1 in Rocky Hollow

Rocky hollow, long a kingdom and rightful realm of Human kings, has taken great leaps of improvement and is now known as the realm of immortals, and the immortals keep it. The other races surrounding our greater existance, wage war upon us swearing to destroy us. Heh, we say, it is them who will face destruction. Their armies marching to destroy the dead will only feed our ranks with new immortals. And so existance of all life in Rocky Hollow hangs in the edge of a blade. Life that Rocky Hollow no longer needs.

Turn Sent.

Stoneskin, can you change the ..@xmail.com part to ..(at)xmail(dot)com? This way the spambots that browse through internet will not pick up the emails they are looking with "@" and ".com", and we hopefully will not be getting 100 spam posts per day to our email adresses.
And Oleg, one thing. You send me the end of your Dark Elfs day1 turn, meaning when I oepened the turn expecting to see my Undead, I happened to see your Dark Elves. I ended your turn and had to do some copy&paste between my own emailIN and emailOUT folders. Remember to finish your turn before sending it foward, or elsehow you will be revealing everything to your opponent. It does not really count anything at this early game, but try to remember this in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoneskin

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:21 am

Oslon, day 2

Already, the Undead are coming to us. I did well to send my soldiers to secure our immediate surroundings. I feel this will be a tough fight. The dead have eternal patience; time is inconsequent in unlife. I ordered a knight to intercept their advance. I must not let them ravage my kingdom. I know the dangers of death. Myself, I wield some of its power. But I must not become like that necromancer. I must remember my life. I must remember my wife, my children, my friends... I do all of this for them. I must stop this mad creature !

ts
Back to top Go down
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:02 am

Frostlings - The Second Day

Waldoz, leader of the Frostlings

My peoples have begun channeling from a power node to the West of Lidjic. Further West we have found a ziggurat, and south of that a watch tower. West we can see the Highmen city of Illuman, and South-East the Dark Elven city of Amnres. Eclo and his group report restoring an additional mine and capturing another watch tower from which they are able to see an undead town by the name of Gildesh. As well I've been told there is an air node to the south of Eclo's watch tower guarded by an air elemental... I will have to capture this once possible.

Both watch towers have had units garrisoned within them to keep watch and scouts are making ready to explore the nearby ruins to the East and ziggurat to the West. I can only hope what we find is of use to us.

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:58 am

Dark Elves - Second Day

The winter is tough, and the snow slow us down. At the end of our second day we reached large Dwarven village of Fadergald. Stubborn weirdos with beirdos refuse to believe the dire news we brought them. We swiftly removed their armed forces which were no match to our troops, but we will have also to dispatch them from their homes. Down the road Frostlings town spots. This one is walled and guarded by force similar to our expedition corpse. We shall not delay our advancement to deal with them.
Tommorow, we will capture nearby fort and a mine in the South.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deroman
LED General (Envoy)

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:37 pm

King Crimstone of Undead, Day 2 in Rocky Hollow

We gain great success somewhere, as face losses elsewhere. All in all, we break the mind of great Human cavallier they send to haunt us. As said before, is said again, the armies our foes hurl on us only feed our ranks. It is inevitable, as is death, and this from all races the Humans know best. And we will use this Knight until he breaks free from the slavery of life and embrace the immortality we have in store for him. But not yet..
The Dark Elves use their leader fearlessly, almost foolishly, and we are forced to make weak attempt to eliminate him right away and leave Dark Elves broken, leaderless. But we fail and the Dark Elf leader lives to another day, but if he will not turn his horse around, he will fall.

Turn Sent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoneskin

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Oslon, day 3

A scout of mine found a power node from which Esmeralda and me will be able to channel our spells from. But, I have received much less rejoicing news today. The knight I sent to intercept the Undead yesterday did not seem to have heard that the priests of damnation could dominate the minds of the living... He lost his time fighting the lesser minions of that accursed necromancer and lost control of his own mind in the midst of battle. Such a mistake from his part cost me dearly.

Damn fast combat ! The algorithms are real crap ! If we have to battle like that, winning will be damn hard, maybe even impossible considering the imbalance... I hope not.
Back to top Go down
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Frostlings - The Third Day

Both forces have moved further away from Lidjic. They each of them near their own current goals.

I've seen two game restarts in a row now from Dark Elves... what's up?

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:50 pm

Dark Elves - Second Day

We did not thought the first encounter with the Undead will happen so soon. affraid We really need to protect better our leader - the doom priest tried to dominate our executioner, and had he succeeded, it all could be lost. The executioner received a medal for strength of both of his will and arm.
We captured a mine and a fort. The four undead led by the priest were not the only forces in the area. We see also an archer who may serve as a bait. A crypt was spotted in the South, but our heroes are too far from it.

----------------------
Damn restart messages! They show on my behalf both on day one and two, *I* did not see them before, neither of them! I had same problem in two of my other games, it seems to resolve there by now. There were no restart message on this turn, but again, I did not see the previous two too. I hope this thing is over soon. In the other games it resolved on its own. They gave me some advices as about what may be possible cause, I checked out most of them, all I could by now... Now I am trying to figure out the pattern (hopefully it does not make the problem only worse)
Well, guys, I have nothing to add No. I swear I do not cheat. I have not even ever checked this map in single-player or editor and play it "blind".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deroman
LED General (Envoy)

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:04 am

King Crimstone of Undead, Day 3 in Rocky Hollow

We press on for the dead. Already many cities outside of our valley realm have converted to serve King Crimstone and immortality. Good, Good. No sign of our foes, Dark Elf leader did wise to turn on his heels and retreat, and Humans.... Humans seem to have lost their morale and have send no further resistance to oppose our advance. We must keep moving and pressing on, time is our enemy if our foes have enough time to form alliance before decisive defeat. For the dead, onwards!

Turn Sent.

I believe you Oleg, be at ease. Only thing you have to lose is your conscience, and obviously you still have it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoneskin

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Actually, I'd give the game to you. It's not that I did not send more resistance, it's the fact that I can't. I can only produce one level one unit per turn. It's really impossible to even cope with your production, income and starting units. And the uberhero isn't an option, since they can't level that fast.

I should've checked before beginning the game what the Undead had. Truly, we can't play the original scenario with an Undead player. Most of the original stacks you had we're set on guard for the AI. Worst is you can just buy the cities around our starting position and cream us with these units.

And I don't want to sound like a sore loser. It's just mathematical reality. I can't see how we can cope with the current scenario configuration.

I'd play it again, but with many modifications (bigger starting stacks, independant cities inhabited by neutral relations races, walls, reflecting pools for contacting the others).

ts anyway
Back to top Go down
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:54 pm

Frostlings - The Fourth Day

Eclo - First Hero of the Frostlings

We have attacked the Dark Elven city of Amnres. Myself and the yeti survived the attack, while losing a swordsman and an archer. The city only has two archers left, after losing a spider queen, two horse riders, and and archer. Waldoz is headed my way, and together we will continue the assault.

Oh come on, it's not impossible... alright, it looks rather bleak. I don't think we need bigger starting stacks, but it would be nice if there was at least one city near me I could buy the allegiance of. To be fair though... it is (supposed to be) 1v4. If we were to all attack him at the same time, I'm sure he wouldn't be happy.

Last edited by Master-Raiden on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://daemonvirus.screwcamel.com
Oleg123

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Dark Elves - Third Day

In the night, a pack of animals attacked the migrating village. Luckily, hostility of population required us to position a significant force there so the beasts, two boars and two wolves, were dispatched in the most urgent manner. The boar left bloody trail on the snow as he approached the village. We conclude that someone had hurt it not long before. Was it friend or foe? Whoever, he probably did not survive. We hope that such attack will at least not come each night. Otherwise, our situation is dire indeed.
The snow storms were all too strong to let us even scout in any direction. However, we managed to capture a power node. And tomorrow, no matter what, we will make a few steps through the storm.
ts

-------

Well, we can produce level-two unit once per two turns now. Maybe it is better.

-------
I seem to have found a remedy for restart messages. I chose Send Manually option, save the game, exit, enter the game again, then reload saved file, chose to re-send manually, save again and exit the game once more. Then I am really ready to send it on.
Deroman, thank you for your support. It was human vs. machine fight, now we lead by a few points Wink .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deroman
LED General (Envoy)

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:41 am

King Crimstone of Undead, Day 4 in Rocky Hollow

Humans are fleeing before our great armies. We have sealed them off at the coastline more or less and expect to strike a killing blow in matter of few days. And so shall the rest of the Humans, who have not embraced the dead yet, embrace it... or die if they can not be turned. Orc warchief's mind was broken and he was convinced to serve under our banner. We have no contract against Frostlings yet, but we strike fiercely in Dark Elven doorstep against the Frostling populated village. We had great plans to dominate their wolf riders, but their spirits were much harder to break as their bodies were. Their choise to die instead helps our cause eventually.. they will serve, if not as in mortal form, then as in immortal slave!

Oleg123 wrote:
"I chose Send Manually option, save the game, exit, enter the game again, then reload saved file, chose to re-send manually, save again and exit the game once more.

Why did you do that for Oleg? that is obviously the reason why it generates a restart message, single end turn - automated save game - ok(/exit) should be enough to create a working gamefile in emailOUT folder.
I can well see why the hope seems lost Stoneskin. I have played this map as 4vs1 before in the past too.. and it ended up in total surrendal of the 4 in less than 10 days. You can surrender if you will.

Turn Sent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoneskin

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:35 am

Oslon, day 4

ts
Back to top Go down
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:42 pm

Frostlings - The Fifth Day

The Undead have been spotted within our lands. It is only a matter of time until either we, or they are destroyed.

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.   

Back to top Go down

Rocky Hollow PBEM Game - Stoneskin, Master-Raiden, Oleg123 vs. Deroman of L.E.D.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Viral Games :: Age of Wonders-
Jump to: