HomeViral CentralCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Everything is going well. If anybody has anything they'd like put up in the announcements, let Master-Raiden know.

Share | 

Greetings.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Greetings.   Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Feel free to introduce yourself here. It's great to know a little about someone so people would have an idea about who you are. It would also be a useful thread for anybody to ask a question or mention something that doesn't really require a new topic.

I should also mention that it is possible for people to PM you... so make sure you check on that. It's to the left of the log in/out button.

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi, I am Orgler Hammerhands in all the forums...
I live on Glory road, and hunt down all the monsters I can find... sometimes this includes vampires.

I've played AoW for more than twelve years, and have The Wizards Tower as well. I actually prefer the second game in many ways... (Building my own cities for example) but I don't have Shadow magic. I am something of a scenario designer for AoW and have made many maps, though I lost most of them when I swapped computers. I only have two finished maps now, and one of them has been uploaded to Heaven Games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:52 am

Haha! So you HAVE decided to join us! Laughing

Welcome to the clan my friend. You are now an official Shaikan.

New maps an whatnot are welcome here. I have toyed with the idea of creating some of my own maps... but I'm just not sure. I probably will one of these days. If you would like to start any new games here or on the Heaven site, I'd be glad to join. I don't have enough games to play. Razz

Currently I only play the first game, but I might get into the second game soon as well. I don't own the expansion to it either, but it's not difficult to find online. I just torrented it honestly. I'm not actually sure if it's possible to find anywhere anymore. It probably is... I'm likely just searching in the wrong place. But if you'd like me to point you to a good torrent or possibly to just send it to you in am email (not sure if I can or not), just let me know.

I should also mention that if you can't find me and you have an issue, Stoneskin is my appointed Daemon Lord (or moderator) so he'll probably be able to help you out for sure. Or TravisII. If this was a busier site, he'd also be a Daemon Lord. He'll be a good help too I'm sure if nobody else can help.

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:07 pm

So you have the second game?
I'd be willing to have a PBEM go at that with ye. If you're interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Sure, sounds like it might be fun. Just the original second game, or the expansion? Shadow Magic can easily be found on isoHunt if you search for Age of Wonders. You'll just need a torrenting program like uTorrent and a virtual drive like DaemonTools. Also... are we gonna bother posting? Let me know what's going on. I'm up for any game you'd like to play. No guarantees on how I'll do though. Haven't played the second one in a while. You know my email if you'd like to contact me.

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I do not have Shadow Magic. And have no money to spare for it. I've seen copies for sale online, and they're in the hundreds. I find it hard to justify forty dollars for a game, and will not pay one hundred. So... I play one and two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Like I said, you can easily torrent it for free using isoHunt and the appropriate programs. Anywhos, pick a map and set it up, Let's see how this turns out.

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:12 pm

I wear the V like a badge!

I'll set one up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Nice avatar. I like it. Are we posting this game anywhere or just playing? Allied victory is enabled, I imagine we're gonna conquer the map together as the forces of light?

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Copy Paste. It's the avatar I use in HG. I just copy/pasted your 'V'.

I suppose we can post if you want. It doesn't really matter to me. And I'm not averse to the ally thing. I'm actually more interested in watching other people play to learn some tricks, rather than fighting them head to head. I'm not very aggressive yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Let's not worry about posting then if it's not a big deal. This also doesn't really fit anywhere so... yeah. With four other enemies to play against, I'm sure being allies won't hurt a thing, I forgot to check, but is allied victory enabled? And what level are the computers?

No guarantees you'll learn any tricks from me. I'm much more used to playing the first Age of Wonders. We'll see how I do with this one. But I'll do my best for sure.

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:06 am

Pretty sure, and I don't recall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:07 am

Oh well, I guess we'll figure out what level they are once we find them. Good luck my friend.

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:13 am

You too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Travis II

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Just thought I'd pip in here. Shadow Magic is a stand-alone game. You don't have to have AoW2 to play AoWSM. I have both of them and have played a couple PBEM games on AoWSM. Though none of them ever finished, one of them is still going. Personally, I want to enjoy AoWSM, but there's just something about it I don't like. I have tried to play it several times but find myself bored. The "improved" graphics suck too. I prefer the nice crisp clean graphics of AoW1! Plus, the UPatch 1.4 (what everyone uses) kind of sucks. It really made every low level unit worthless, and made it become a high level unit crapfest. Plus they added new crappy blotchy units, like units from AoW1 that have horribly poor animations. I mean, I'm glad some people fixed issues, cause I suppose there were some, but I don't know. I will continue to play it off and on and try to figure out why it's more popular than AoW1.

Anyways, there's my 2 cents / ranting post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hammerhands

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Do you play the second one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings.   

Back to top Go down

Greetings.