HomeViral CentralCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Everything is going well. If anybody has anything they'd like put up in the announcements, let Master-Raiden know.

Share | 

King of the Hill

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: King of the Hill   Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Alright, here's the deal. There's a hill... and someone is the king of said hill. As long as you have a legitimate reason to take control of the hill, it becomes yours... so long as you declare that the hill is yours. Now remember, you may come up with something that you think makes you and your hill completely immune, but chances are... it isn't. And if it is... then... well that kind of ruins it, but chances are there won't be.

I'll begin:

I build myself a hill and stand upon it, I am King of the Hill.

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Though it seems like fun, I'm sure it'll end up in a nonsensical flame war. I suggest you search for a summary of Max Weber's The Three Types of Legitimate Rule (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Types_of_Legitimate_Rule). Furthermore, geopolitical legitimacy will probably end up in open warfare.

I didn't wanna ruin this, just contribute :p.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aow.heavengames.com/downloads/showprofile.php?author=Ston
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Stoneskin wrote:
I suggest you search for a summary of Max Weber's The Three Types of Legitimate Rule (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Types_of_Legitimate_Rule). Furthermore, geopolitical legitimacy will probably end up in open warfare.

Thanks for this, it's rather interesting.

Quote :
Though it seems like fun, I'm sure it'll end up in a nonsensical flame war.

Trust me, this won't turn into a flame war. It's just a thing to see who is able to come up with the best story that legitimately takes control of the hill.I suppose I'll clarify and put in place a specific rule or two to help stop that. For instance: "I walk up the hill and push you off. Now I am King of the Hill." That is perfectly legitimate, provided the previous person has not mentioned something to stop you from walking up the hill. If they have say... put up a shield, then you could say, "I do such and such and teleport up the hill where I push you off." Now you may or may not implement some way that you are protected. Other people may or may not say... deactivate one or all of the current safety measures some how. Once control of the hill is gained, you are allowed to add ONE safety measure. As long as you have a reasonable story, anything could possibly be legitimate.

Example.
-I am King of the Hill.

-I walk up the hill and push you off, then I plant a seed, and through tender loving care it grows into a force shield for me. I am King of the Hill

-I dig a hole underneath the hill and come up within the shield. I sneak up behind you and slit your throat. I am King of the Hill.

-As I was great friends with a necromancer, he brought me back to life. He gives me a scroll of remove shield and I use it upon yours. I trek up the hill and bury you in your own hole that you dug, then build a tower upon it, burying you alive. I am King of the Hill

Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:14 am

Master-Raiden wrote:
Alright, here's the deal. There's a hill... and someone is the king of said hill. As long as you have a legitimate reason to take control of the hill, it becomes yours... so long as you declare that the hill is yours. Now remember, you may come up with something that you think makes you and your hill completely immune, but chances are... it isn't. And if it is... then... well that kind of ruins it, but chances are there won't be.

I'll begin:

I build myself a hill and stand upon it, I am King of the Hill.

I spit on you with such force that you fly exactly 1.45786 miles north east and get lodged 13 feet off the ground in the knot of a mighty oak tree, I am King of the Hill.

Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:24 pm

After many days of struggling about the tree, I finally run out of energy and fall asleep. I awake a few days later to the deafening crack of the tree trunk which apparently suffered from rot. As I am within a glade of oak trees, I cut down a few to fashion myself some weapons of war. Well... a few spears and staves. From a nearby village I gather 6 Humans who are looking for a leader and together we travel many days and many nights... alright, it wasn't that long, it was more like one day and one night. We arrive at the hill in the night, having killed two boar along the way for food. We find that you are asleep and decide to dump your body in a fast running river, but not before piercing your side with a spear, leaving you fatally wounded. Returning to the hill we create a fire to cook our food which would evaporate your powerful spit before it would even reach us, and leave three of our group to stand watch at all times.

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Being the mighty barbarian Warrior that I am... I woo you all to sleep with my baritone voice and then shove you off the hill into the gutter.
I am King of the Hill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoneskin

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Being a cunning transmuter, I polymorph you into a toad from afar. I cast flesh to stone spell traps at the base of the hill, and then enjoy being the current Wizard King of the Hill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aow.heavengames.com/downloads/showprofile.php?author=Ston
Hammerhands

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Being mighty and strong I shatter the spell that binds me with the sheer tendon popping strength of my glutes. I use my might to bury the traps in lizards so that I may cross and I then render you unconscious with a stale blueberry muffin to your forehead, and throw you into the gutter.

I am king of the hill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoneskin

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:05 pm

I wake up a few hours later in the gutter, soaked, for it rained while I was unconscious. Enraged, I polymorph myself into a fire giant, further enhance my strength with more magic, grab you, then throw you with all my mighty enhanced gigantic strength at the horizon. You fly for more than a mile before crashing on the ground with most of your bones crushing under the impact.

I am once again the Wizard King of the Hill.
Back to top Go down
Hammerhands

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:57 pm

I squeeze really hard and all my bones pop back into place. Then I get up and fetch the largest super soaker the world has ever seen and re-route a river to encircle the hill. Then, using the water from the hill I soak you until you are extinguished. Then I place you gently into a small wooden basket and send you down stream with an intoxicating box of poisoned chocolates.

I am once again the Barbarian King of the Hill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master-Raiden
Overlord Warlock

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:09 am

I finally wake up after a LONG time of being unconscious in said gutter. I am soaked like a raisin from being in the rain and have footprints over me including my face where someone with a barbarian sized boot has stepped. Once I get up, I note the first thing I see is a large barbarian standing atop the hill I had once conquered. Being angry as he is the only one I can see who is a barbarian, I must assume he is the one who stepped on my face. As a barbarian would, he charges at me with wild rage. I did not bring anything to defend myself with or to even consider conquering said hill once again because until ten seconds ago, I was unconscious in the gutter and forgotten... hence the bootprint on my face. The only thing I can think to do is to close my eyes and ask the God of War what I did to deserve this. I wait and wait for my inevitable demise and to my surprise I still live, yet I hear the *clang* of the barbarian's head hitting metal. Opening my eyes, I realize there is in fact an octopus fused to my back no doubt because I was lying on top of it for so long and I was stepped on to boot. Wink What really gets me though is that the octopus is made of metal... presumably because a nearby slab of metal had been melted by something really hot... like a fire giant - but we all know there aren't any of those around here... so who knows what could have done it - then it ran down the hill into the water, sinking below it and covering the octopus and not me because I was on top of it. Having the barbarian unconscious, I use the octopus which is fused into my brain as well to twist him up into a weaved ball-shape, then play some soccer with him until I accidentally kick him over a nearby fence which has no gate. I'm not in the mood to climb the fence and get my "ball" back, so I sit on the hill and play go fish with my new octopus buddy.

I am the physics defying Dr. Octopus, King of the Hill.

Ah, so you've finally joined the quest to become King of the Hill Stoneskin? Not so much of a flame war as you thought it would be, huh?

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:21 pm

I wake to a beautiful face looking down at me and I wonder: "Am I in Valhalla?"
The Beauty before me tosses me a magic sword and when I catch it I find that I have many cramps. As if I had been balled up like a soccer ball. After a brief period of stretches, I wonder as to where my hill is.
I find the fence there and blow it down with my mighty breath, and then wander up the hill with my magic sword ablaze with the might of Valhalla itself. The King of the hill is contested!

The fight is very brief as the King is clumsy with that mutated octopus on his back and he trips, sliding into the gutter, where a billion little fish pick at his flesh until he is raw.

I AM King of the Hill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   

Back to top Go down

King of the Hill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Viral Games :: Random Other Website Games-
Jump to: